In this series, I have provided a variety of MCQ questions that cover quite some range of the portion prescribed for this qualifying examination. As already clarified any number of times, the series is a sheer academic activity. I do NOT have any 'official' contacts of any sort with any person setting the question paper. Nor am I connected in any way with the coaching and/or publishing industry. Hope these almost hundred items, as I began the series a little late, would help the members of this community who are going to appear for the NET (Eng Lit) on June 25. May I take this opportunity to wish you all the very best?
Here are the final three items of the series.
1) The Caroline poets were known as a) Cavalier poets b) carpe diem poets c) the Roundheads d) the Royalists. Which of these four options is wrong?
The correct option is (c). The Roundheads, named after their Puritan sparse hair style, were the Parliamentarians who opposed the King's absolute authority.
2) The following quote depicting Orpheus' angst is from a poem by a)Edwin Muir b) Rainer Maria Rilke c) Sitanshu Yashaschandra d) Sujata Bhatt.
"It was a lack of faith,/I admit it. I didn't believe enough/in you or even in the power of my song"
The correct option is (d) .
3) Who amongst the following is supposed to be the pioneer of the graphic novel genre as attempted by Indian authors? a) Samarth Banerjee b) Appu pen c) Orijit Sen d) Bhargaw Kulkarni
The correct option is (c).
All the Best!
Please note: Hereafter, Monday through Friday, I shall go back to the analysis of a literary concept in "Soupçon", rather like the analysis of the "public sphere" before I began the " Soupçon MCQ Series". Such Soupçon analysis would not be restricted/curtailed by the week-end feel. In other words, the discussion may spill over in to next week(s).
Every Monday, I would name the theme and the blog address. If you so wish, you may read it. I would feel honoured indeed if you were to respond to the discussion.
All the best yet again to those appearing for the NET exam on June 25!
Pratima Agnihotri Pune
No comments:
Post a Comment