Saturday, April 2, 2022

Padwa

 The first ever major festival this year! Well, there was Holi, but it was Aai's first birth anniversary after her sad demise on March 26, 2021.

Padwa is in that sense the first ever major festival after the year long mourning period got over. In her memory, however, I celebrated it exactly as she would wish it celebrated. 

She, and Papa, too, used to be the happiest when Raju and Sanju and families would be with them on the festival day, and the rituals get nicely get observed. So just like they would eat the Padwa chutney the first thing in the morning, I,too, made it a point to make that unique chutney ---could make it as fast as possible ---and eat it.

When I realised Sanju would not make it, I honoured Raju's invite. As every year, shared the very tasty vegetable pulav with both the families. Dunzo did work out. So could send Sanju family the treat via the 'pick up' mode.

Unlike most of the Indian festivals, Padwa is not an agrarian festival. It celebrates the creative beginning of Lord Brahma, the very beginning of the world. So it was indeed very happy for me that I could be at Raju's place as Amar and Ashwini share their marital life festivals with Padwa, the day of the very beginning of our universe.

The most touching point of the day was Tanu hoisting her Gudhi with Aai's saree as she did last year.  Very sweet of her indeed! Happy  that the post parents era begins with such a sweet gesture. Begun well is already half done as I could manage to send a unique gif card to my siblings!

pratima@every moment now would be a new beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Timeless Treasure

 How to describe Kishore Kumar's voice? Is that your question? Well, my answer to such a query would be a counter question. Why not just...