Tuesday, April 26, 2022

That day of the month yet again

 The twenty first and, now, the twenty sixth of each month are always tough days. The first one is Papa's death anniversary, while the second one is Aai's. I keep a proper fast on both the days each month. 

As for the twenty sixth, through out the last year, every month I sent all her near and dear ones some memoir of her. Today, shared the feel with my siblings. As things would have it, her brother whose upbringing she had shared in a big way,  I had a wappy chat with his family. I am sure others, too, would have remembered her, but today onwards, unlike last year, I would not every twenty sixth  consciously remind her larger family, her kins.

And, yet, even now, thirteen months after her sad demise, often I just tend to forget it. Still I feel she is, of course, there, may be, at my brothers' place. Often, even today, my instinctive response is oh, Aai must know this.

Well, even after twenty three years of his passing away, even today, I get extremely vivid dreams of Papa, hyper realistic in the details. Often in such dreams, they are both there as in childhood. I and my brothers are peripherals in these dreams, but they both are truly real.

I suppose that is because physical death cannot distance this most visceral relationship, and the only one that is absolutely irreplaceable. True, each relationship is unique, but every other relation  we can get yet again, but never parents!

Well, the best tribute to them is keeping them alive in their ideals, in activities that made them happy, that made them feel proud.

Pratima@Memory is forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Timeless Treasure

 How to describe Kishore Kumar's voice? Is that your question? Well, my answer to such a query would be a counter question. Why not just...