Sunday, April 24, 2022

The Street Food

 Did you have a look at the dosewala at Malad? I think he is the one Anand Mahindra made famous via the social media, though I am not sure of it.

Well, whether anyone admits it or not, these eateries tickle the taste bud. Sure, all of us are aware of the Thane scoop which created a huge furore.  Here is hoping such, such are the exceptions!

Well, I am not much in to either the fast food or the street food or hotel hopping. Mostly, I eat the healthy, wholesome and very tasty food at home, though I am not as superb at cooking as Aai was.

Yet I would not mind admitting that the street food is tasty. Look at the dosa, for example. There IS variety, too, however oily the 'tawa' may look. May be, to make dosas fast, that much oil could be necessary.

These hawkers have special skills, moreover, such as 'dishing' the dosa which adds to the entertainment, the fun value, I suppose. What with most of India grooving to 'Badam, Badam', fast food is forever, especially when made @ street! 

Let us some other time talk of the economics of it. In brief, for the time being, if food is the fad, munch on! Calory, take thou care of thyself!

Pratima@feasting  on street food/ Free is the fun/packed in each dish/at every turn/ foodies feast on fad fast feted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Timeless Treasure

 How to describe Kishore Kumar's voice? Is that your question? Well, my answer to such a query would be a counter question. Why not just...