Thursday, September 26, 2024

Rabid rain!

 Actually I am a pluviophile. Yes, like Shashi Tharoor-ji, now and then,  I, too, love using high-funda words. So this term 'pluviophile'. Etymologically, it is a mix of French and Latin, the source language, the 'mother' tongue, of French.

'Pluviophile'! What does it mean? Well, it means what almost all of us, for sure, I, love to do, that is dancing in the rain. The term signifies someone who adores rains. For sure that epithet suits me to a 't'. I love jumping (in) the puddles, getting drenched to the bones, drinking hot coffee  (even tea or soup is okay, too!), eating hot n tasty bhajji's or bhutta. Why, if I am not going somewhere, I do not mind the moon craters on the road. The best feel, of course, would be when it be raining outside, and curled up in a warm shawl, with a mug of the perfect hot coffee, one is listening to songs on loop, while being immersed in some great text.

In other words, I have undisputedly established my credentials as a pluviophile, and yet I would like to assert that this monsoon, and beyond, the rains are rabid! Honestly! Yet again, there is a red alert in Pune. On its way out, the monsoon is gathering steam up there in the air under the influence of the storm brewing in the Bay of Bengal. Pune is to face a cumulonimbus cloud. There would be very heavy rain, with huge thunder and lightening, it seems. 

College authorities sent a message at 11.58 p.m. that the college would remain closed on September 26. I read it at 12.20 a.m. This time, however, there is no thrill of an unexpected holiday due to rains. Instead, there is quite some  irritation drenched in worry and clouded with fear. Sure such rabid rains must be terror for the farmers, and in the long run, for all of us! Indeed, here is a pluviophile praying, 'rain, rain, go away', and better not choose to come this way!

Pratima@In the urban scenario, when it rains like mad, what with the cemented roads and the moon like craters, traffic is a trouble, drowned in waterlogging. Such puddles are horrors.

 My brother, Parag, loves  Jagjit Singh's "wo kagaj ki kashti/wo barish ka pani". I am sure he, like every other music aficionado, would hate the song currently. I think currently the classical artists certainly would love to the forget Raag Malhar, or any of its variations. The only ditty all of us care for right now is "rabid rain, rabid rain, go away"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Timeless Treasure

 How to describe Kishore Kumar's voice? Is that your question? Well, my answer to such a query would be a counter question. Why not just...