Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Soupçon MCQ Series 9

 1) "Fear no more the heat o' the sun" is a) a monody b) an elegy c) a ballad d) a dirge. The correct option is (d). It is a dirge from "Cymbeline", Act IV, Scene ii. Whitman's "Captain, O Captain" is an elegy, while Keats' "La belle dame" is a ballad with a tragic overtone. Tennyson's "Break, break, break" is a monody. 

2) "If ever any beauty I did see,/which I desired and got, 'twas but a dream of thee." These lines are written by a) Shakespeare b) Keats c) Donne d) Tennyson. The right option is (c). These lines are from "The Good-Morrow" by John Donne. 

3) "With sweet May dews my wings were wet,/And Phoebus fir'd my vocal rage" is a quote from a) "La belle dame sand merci" b)"Come, live with me and be my love" C) "My love is like a red, red rose" d) " How sweet I roamed". The correct option is (d). These lines are from William Blake's song entitled "How sweet I roamed." 

Pratima Agnihotri                                                     Pune 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kappkottiya Tamizhan

 Which language is it that the title uses? Is that your query? Well, it is Tamil. No, no, it is not to glorify Vijay, the brand new C. M. Ra...