Saturday, June 12, 2021

A Poem

 Trek, trek,trek 

did I the cold peaks of grief

And would I that my soul could utter

the hurt I suffered, tho' in brief.

 

O, well for the T.V. show guy

that he excited at comedy plays

O, well for the news time anchor

that she screams at scams as if ablaze.

 

And the covid context carouses on

 its mutations beneath data hidden

But, O, for the sweet smile of  Mother

And her eyes tender like no other.

 

Trek, trek, trek

I did the plateaus n crests of ache

But bare the arid land of loss nought can slake  

The gleaned forever solace will never ever awake.

 

Pratima@in memoriam Aai a la Tennyson @contexts current 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evermore Mother's Day

 Remember that day long long ago? You were a tiny tot, hardly three. She was taking you to school. All along, she kept on cajoling you with ...