Friday, June 25, 2021

How (much) I love?




 Woebegone, how (much) I love them, my parents?

To count it, inept words chase emotions in torrents.

My filial love transcends beyond mere measurements

H(e)avenwards with them it to ascend attempts.

I love them to the utmost level of every child's 

Most precious wish, though indeed now wild,

Beyond borders of life with them to be reconciled 

to let them know their values would never be defiled.

I love them with the passion of my childhood dreams

Though lost forever now sans them that kingdom seems.

Yet those distant mirages in every vein serenely stream.

Nor have lost they, tho` far away, the resplendent gleam.

Never to meet them again, the thought makes my eyes teary.

Their vision would sure guide this life, oh, so much dreary!

pratima @ a sonnet beyond the Barrett boundaries.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Better beware!

 Do you like old Bollywood films? I sure do. They have a few stereotypes though, such as the 'beta who passes B.A. with first class'...