Thursday, April 11, 2024

A pet is a pet is a pet is a pet

 Yes, the tautology in the title can be repeated ad infinitum 'coz pets are special. They are humane, they are loving, they never behave outrageously, they are decent, they are kind, they are divine. Why describe these true influencers so much? Just say, they are a pet, and ALL is said. 

I should know, given the pets in my life. Let me today introduce you to Tashu, my brother's beagle. Extremely good looking is this species. An absolute riot of colours is their coat. Tashu has a lovely white mark on his forehead which makes him look cuter.

Much more divine is the soul that resides in that small body. The species, now used as guinea pigs by the haircare/skincare industry, is patient by nature. As the royals' hunting partners, they are masterful when it comes to smell and sound. 

All these species specific qualities come alive when I reach their doorstep. He hugely starts scrapping at the door of the bedroom he is royally relaxing in. It must open, and out he zooms, his entire body a welcome of love, expressed through jumps, zoomies and a tale of tail twirls. A volley of barks follows.

The three or four hours I am there, he never lets me go out of his sight. With sleepy eyes, as he otherwise dozes, he keeps literally a vigil by my side. When it is the good bye time, he is visibly unhappy. He refuses to leave the door, till he hears the rumble of the lift. Then darts he to the balcony, poking his head from the small opening to see me wave till my back is turned near the bend in the road!

What infinite love! Love incarnate literally! Time and distance do not seem to matter to him. His love is constant. I never behave harshly or badly with him. But even that would not matter, I am sure. He only knows how to love from the bottom of his heart.

He can understand our language; we cannot his! He is excellent at reading the body language of the person talking to/about him. He might appear to be sleeping the whole day. But the moment he listens  even to a footfall near the door, he is sharp agility itself. He would express his irritation, his anger through a volley of huge barks. 

So little is the pets' time with us. Tops twelve years. Every nano second of their togetherness is filled with a return to innocence before the world turned wicked. Forever live the pets in our flashy/fishy times!

Pratima@ I can write reams on Tashu. Hope to one day write a book on pets. The script is ready. The publishers need to be hunted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ray shine(s)

 May is the month when/in which great people are born. You do not believe me, right? Well, just check the details about dates, okay? Especia...