Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Slave of Habit

How I got used to the habit of attending the online Aarti of the Lord! I missed it a lot this evening. We indeed are slaves of our habits. Hence the need for a resolve of-n-through all good habits. Hence today a small little acrostic on `habits'.

How they make us their slave

As if hypnotised we do behave

But of compulsions, a mere drive

Indeed they are, our soul a beehive

That it indeed is of virtues decisive

Sure from all the bad, it would us shrive!

Let me just add a sentence why I like this acrostic and stop for the day. My acrostic uses the extremely difficult `ive' rhyme effortlessly, and manages to use two images, though not exactly offbeat, of slavery and beehive. Sure it would be easy to overcome all the evil, even when it is not born of one's own bad habit!

pratima@ the resolve born of inner strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

Better beware!

 Do you like old Bollywood films? I sure do. They have a few stereotypes though, such as the 'beta who passes B.A. with first class'...