Friday, February 4, 2022

The Universal Language

This morning heard a very informative, interesting and lucid talk about the new currency  that has assumed centre stage in the post budget scenario. I was hence scrolling the youtube for the video. Suddenly I stumbled upon this video lecture by Sadhuguru. I found it indeed interesting because it corroborates my strong hunch about my favourite most saint in the Marathi Bhakti tradition, namely, Sant Dnyaneshwara.

Yes, I am indeed aware of the intellectual fashion, especially in post colonial contexts, for example, to "prioritise" Sant Tukarama. Well, personally, in my opinion , both are unique, special in their own ways. For sure, at least, I, lack the intellectual bravado to dismiss/diminish one, and hoist the other. I feel I am too small to even think of any such 'preference', forget attempt it.

I have my own reasons to adore/venerate Sant Dnyaneshwara.  I love him as a poet, as an organic leader, as a social reformer, as a huge scholar, as a unique human being who could transcend immense lifelong harassment to create a new language, a generous way of living, a great philosophy, to say the least.

Yet another aspect of his known life is the fact that he never glorified miracles. I have always looked differently at his ability to make a Buffalo recite the Vedas ( what great communication power) and at then incident of  the Wall walking down the Alandi wilderness when Changadeo comes to threaten him with all his might.

Right now I will not go in to my thinking about the whole of it. What struck me real hard was the fact that Sadhuguru  was saying that when you intensely think about the welfare of someone, the neuroplasticity of your ardently thought about person(s) would change for the better, too. I would some day try to explore if this was what Dnyadeva was trying in both the episodes mentioned above. In simpler terms, "the whole universe conspires..." theory of Paulo Koelho in The Alchemist. In a way, related in another mode, to the Chomsky-ian language universals?!? Need to explore further, of course.

When I think of how Manu, a stray kitten whom I literally saved from certain death, would try to 'talk' or the fabulous way Tasha integrates himself in his humans' lives, I feel ashamed that they have the largeness of soul most human beings lack. For sure, hence, the Sadhuguru premise works. What a wonderful and fruitful consciousness and conscience to develop on the Ganesh Janma day!

Pratima@the wonders of the world never cease!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ray shine(s)

 May is the month when/in which great people are born. You do not believe me, right? Well, just check the details about dates, okay? Especia...