Friday, August 27, 2021

A mother is born

 Let us explore a unique, touching and yet amusing paradox today. When is a mother born? What a question to ask, you would say, right? A mother is born obviously on her birthday! For sure! Yet I have a different take and a delightful answer to this question.

A mother is born when a child is born, I think. Oh, no, I am not leading you back to that eternal egg-hen dilemma in a new garb. What I mean to say is that surely when the first child is born, actually when every child is born, a mother is born, too.

Physically indeed it is as good as her rebirth, especially if it is a normal, non-Caeseran birth. Beyond that though, with a child's birth begins a brand new phase of her life, of  her self, too. She has to constantly re-invent herself, begin anew, all over yet again, every thread of her identity. For her, too, the very feel is a re-newing, a re-making, a re-building of herself. Now that I have broached this topic, what do you feel about it? Agree with me? And, oh, yes, I am not being flippant. Not at all. I will explore the theme in depth yet again. 

Right now a "good night" because today I stand certified as a totally vaccinated citizen! I need to nurse that new avataar of mine at least tonight or may be throughout this weekend, right? Hence a quick "au revoir" right now.

Pratima@  a Baby born, a mother (re)born

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kappkottiya Tamizhan

 Which language is it that the title uses? Is that your query? Well, it is Tamil. No, no, it is not to glorify Vijay, the brand new C. M. Ra...