Saturday, March 26, 2022

Making memories

Time flies. With a breakneck speed. The shadows that it leaves has multiple shades to them.

It is difficult to believe that a year has just passed by the fatal day. Throughout the year, there have been very many times I felt she is very much there, may be, at Raju's or Sanju's place. Often my impulsive response to some event or the other would be 'Aai needs to know this'.

Yet, despite the loss, March 26, 2022 had indeed a good feel to it as it asserted yet again that  she is alive in so many hearts that cared for her. Vinaya, whom she alone called Bakuli, remembered her as soon as the day began. She helped out with  the subtitles of the video I made for Aai. Her newly married son, Rohan, worked at it far away in Australia. 

Heartfelt messages, chats, phone calls kept on pouring in. Prakash Mama, her brother for whom she was a proxy little mother in his childhood, liked my write-up on her, for instance. Her nephews and nieces remembered her most fondly. So did obviously her immediate family.

What I mean to say is that we carry on with life. We have to. There is not any alternative available. Time shoots like an arrow, straight ahead, never to  come back.

It is hence necessary to create as many good memories as is possible within the limited period that could be allowed,  that is allotted, to us. It is with this firm "re-solve" that I bid a final farewell to this year of mourning.

She, like Papa, would always be there. Tears, like right now, are umpteen times going to well up in my eyes. Yet, hereafter, I shall not wallow in grief. Instead, I shall spend every minute in a way that would make them both be proud of me, as they always were during their lifetime. 

Pratima@ parents much missed/how memories cherished call out/beyond boundaries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ray shine(s)

 May is the month when/in which great people are born. You do not believe me, right? Well, just check the details about dates, okay? Especia...