Sunday, September 10, 2023

Pain killer

 The other day I was following all the road safety rules. As usual. I was to the left of the road, not in any way jay walking. Suddenly, this car comes from behind, zooming fast and past so closely that the side view mirror hit me hard on the right shoulder. The rudeness of the hit-n-run driver, a fat old man, and the smirks he shared with the fruit vendor made me realise that the hit was no accident at all. Rather it was consciously attempted to knowingly hit my right side.

Sure there was pain. I attempted all the first aid, volini, a pain-killer, some rest-cum-sleep, etc. Sure such first aid helps. It can save a life, for instance, when a person, who is in the throes of a heart attack, gets immediate first aid. Or if a person who has suffered wounds or burns gets immediate relief, it indeed is a pain killer. Undoubtedly, such first aid helps.

Do you know what the real pain killer is? Just being yourself, and letting the crooks know that their viciousness, and mean cheapness have not affected you one bit. "Carry on, Crooks," should be the message, your ideal response. "If you hit my right side to imbalance me, I shall make my left side strong, too," should be the conscious and confident response. That is the real pain killer, I believe so absolutely.

Sure baddies would get paid, and they would have to suffer for each one of their very many wickedness-es in this very life. That is for sure. There IS justice in this vast universe. For SURE! That sense of justice, too, is a divine pain killer, and in multiple senses of the term 'divine'.

In time it would sure happen. It has to, it must because otherwise the bad will be outlandishly wicked. On time, however, your own resilience is, your own calm happiness is the real balm to you, and the worst salt rubbed in to the wounds of the wicked, right? So when a bad person or his/her stooge hits, hit back by carrying on coolly. That is the best pain killer indeed!

Pratima@ A knowing smile is the best and the only real answer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ray shine(s)

 May is the month when/in which great people are born. You do not believe me, right? Well, just check the details about dates, okay? Especia...