Sunday, October 15, 2023

Era to come

 Tomorrow starts the Navratri, absolutely a new beginning in many ways. Though the huge climate change has affected the seasons in a big way, the seasonal cycle is unmistakable in this festival. It initiates the "Sharada" feel, the "sharada" which is more than the autumnal dro(o)ping of leaves. 

Significant it is in this context that Navaratri is by definition inclusive because it is a celebration of the womanly virtues, namely, creativity, empathy, and faultless multi-tasking without any stress.

The New AI tools, not clear as of now, whether enabler or destroyer, would be the current challenge that the creative thought, envisioned as the Devi in the coming ten days, will have to negotiate in the coming years. These tools are already re-defining realities, and would intervene more in lived lives as they get finer. 

If we negotiate with them creatively, not only would we be the vishwa-guru, but we can also establish new paradigms of  wisha-bandhutwa, the universal fraternal feel, our goal from the ancient times to today.

Well, I have been thinking a lot about the AI intervention. Have recently written a story about it. Whenever I get a chance to do so, I  talk about it to my nephews (hope they choose to listen). Now and then I mention it to my students, too.

It was hence a huge happy feel for me that I am absolutely on the right track when at the Mumbai International Olympic Meet, Herr Bach talked in detail and depth about how the AI already has and would change completely the Olympics in structure and spirit. I found in his speech an echo of my gut feeling that there is very much a need to be thoroughly prepared. No longer do we have the time to rest on past laurels.

Hope the Navratri gives us the energy and the strength to enthusiastically negotiate with such an era sure to come, and very soon.

Pratima@If I do not want to be the past, I must creatively use the present to craft the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Better beware!

 Do you like old Bollywood films? I sure do. They have a few stereotypes though, such as the 'beta who passes B.A. with first class'...