Saturday, May 20, 2023

Rest n Unrest!

 Dunno whether it happens to/with you as well. As for myself, the moment i complete an assignment and breath a contented sigh of a little self-satisfaction and some relief, assail me hard the blasts of severe self doubt. 

This scenario is my eternal constant. It never ever happens that minutes after the submission, i do not  begin finding out my mistakes. At times, i remember, i forgot to add the mobile number. That is, of course, the beginning. The middle consists of my wondering if i could have added that adjective, whether i should dropped this comma, and so on. The end of such self doubts is never nearby though.

Well, it never ever so happens that i do not find a single error in whatever i do. Why, in newspaper pieces that very senior professors of English found excellent, i used to find at least one error. Depending on the intensity of my mood of self-deprecation, i could find countless errors as well.

 Such is my unrest that i am never rested and content with whatever i do. In my opinión, it is good to be self-critical. It keeps you grounded. As you are ready to find each and every existent and non-existent error, you never ever give yourself airs, why, you are open to even opinionated criticism. You continue being a person with humility, and hence are ready to learn! The best way, i would suppose, to earn self-reflexion!

Pratima @ Self-correction is the best rectification! Diffidence leads to real confidence!! The ultimate stepping stone to the best betterment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Better beware!

 Do you like old Bollywood films? I sure do. They have a few stereotypes though, such as the 'beta who passes B.A. with first class'...